Friday, March 23, 2012

A Day In The Life

At the moment, my typical day looks like this. Times are fluid to an extent, but generally accurate:

5:30 ~ I get up, check emails and adoption websites, send responses, post updates, blog, pack Craig's lunch and prepare the kids' breakfasts.

6:30 - 8:00 ~ The kids get up, eat, play, are changed, are dressed, are cuddled.

8:00 - 9:00 ~ We play.

9:00 - 11:00 ~ Ms. Rie is here to work with Rex. In the meantime, I try to practice speech and other skills with Emilia, make any necessary phone calls for the day, send more emails, get tasks related to orphan/adoption advocacy etc. completed, do housework, and cook.

10:30 - 11:30 ~ Lunches are prepared and served for the three of us. Kids are changed and we try to calm down for nap time.

12:00 - 2:00 ~ Nap time. Rex and I sleep in the kids' room while Emilia rests in the guest room in a pack and play. I don't actually know if she always sleeps, but she definitely has some quiet time with a few cuddle toys.

2:00 - 3:00 ~ We get up and have snacks. Kids are changed and we play.

3:00 - 5:00 ~ Ms. Tara is here to work with Rex. In the meantime, Emilia and I play, read, go for walks, or visit neighbors outside. I check things online, respond to emails, and prepare dinner.

5:00 - 6:30 ~ Craig comes home, dinners are served (sometimes not at the same time depending on how hungry the kids are), kitchen is cleaned up, we talk about our day.

6:30 - 9:00 ~ Family time, including walks, playing, cuddling, talking, baths, reading stories, sometimes watching a sitcom or catching up online.

9:00 ~ Bed time for the kids.

10:00 ~ Bed time for us.

2 comments:

  1. My kiddos are in bed between 7:30-8pm, I need down time, that is a long day for mommy:) Can't wait to finally meet you and your family. You are doing an awesome job with your kids and it will pay off .

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried the earlier bedtime to give ourselves more parent down-time in the evenings, but that just resulted in the kids waking up before anyone else. Emilia would entertain herself in the AM and stay put, but Rex will start hitting and head-banging if he is awake and someone doesn't come for him right away. I need to blog sometime about his troubles getting going in the mornings.

    I am thankful I get to participate in the midday nap. I need it as much as they do. Right now they are still down and I have some quiet time. Going to grab my book...

    ReplyDelete