Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Rex Restored

Right around this time last year, we received our final update on Rex.  It included some photos and video and a few sentences about how he was doing.  I can’t tell you how very low I was feeling then.  I was reaching my tearful breaking point and just going through the motions of what daily life entailed.  It had been over six months since our first trip to Armenia.  I knew my son needed me, but I could not be there for him.

Meanwhile in Yerevan, a sad and lonely little boy was about to give up as well.  Rex did not know that we were coming back for him.  He did not understand that a better life was just a few months ahead.  He was a child with little hope.  Seeing him in these photos breaks my heart.




But the magnificent resilience of the human spirit!  

In less than one year as our cherished son, Rex has found his joy for life again.  He lives his days to the fullest and revels even in the simple pleasures, like the free balloon we get every week on our grocery trip.  He loves and is beloved.  His gusto for exploration, communication, adventure, mischief, learning, and connection to others is restored.  He is curious and happy.  He is blossoming into the child he was always meant to be.




 My heart sings with pride and joy over being Rex's mother.  I, too, am restored.

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing post. I LOVE THIS. God bless your family, Rex...everyone.

    ReplyDelete