Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Tears At Dinner

Last night as we were eating dinner, Rex, for the first time, attempted to load his own fork.  He didn't have a perfect success rate, but he was able to get several bites into his mouth without any assistance.  After weeks of working with him on this skill, watching his efforts and triumph brought tears to Craig's and my eyes.

This morning, when our Ms. Rie arrived I told her not to let Rex be lazy, but insist that he try to eat his pancakes with very little help. And here's what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU96GbMY2qQ

Our baby boy is growing up and we're so proud.

8 comments:

  1. Way to go Rex! He is just doing amazing! Totally understand why you cried....knowing how far he has come, what a little fighter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have given us something to shoot for to catch up with the amazing self feeding Rex! Way to go, Rex. Way to go mom and dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Brought tears to mine too! That is just really, really awesome. His progress is just phenominal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really, truly understand what kind of accomplishment that is (Chelsea cannot currently do this - yet) so I rejoice with you! I watched and kept saying, "he did it!" (Of course, the cheering for Chelsea would have upset her...sensory issues) Good job Rex and GOOD JOB MOMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. Tear-worth for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's doing great! I think he's thinking about the texture when he eats. Precious!

    ReplyDelete