Sunday, May 20, 2012

What Difference Does It Make?

Yesterday, May 19, marked six months home for our little Emilia.  While she's still got a long way to go, she has come so far in this time.  When we picked her up from Dobrich, she was quite resigned from life, frail and fearful. Slowly but surely, even without words thus far, she is turning into an unstoppable, spunky lovebug.

This photo is from Together Forever Day.  The dress I had chosen for Emilia's glorious exit from the orphanage was obviously too big.  I took this photo after a seven hour car ride and long day.  I think Emilia was in a state of shock and unable to understand anything that was happening to her.


This photo shows Emilia this morning, enjoying the last hours of our camping trip.  She wanted to explore almost constantly, undeterred by heat or cars or dogs or strangers (like I said, she has a ways to go), and it was hard to corral her.  She is so active now and curious on her own terms and so brave.

          
This is Emilia on her first morning in our family.  When I looked in on her, I couldn't believe how tiny she was in that pack 'n play.  I picked her up and she was shaking like a leaf, completely disoriented and scared out of her mind.                      


And here's Emilia waking up a few weeks ago.  She's almost too big for the pack 'n play she likes for sleeping and she's clearly very relaxed.  Now when she sees my face leaning in to greet her in the morning, there's a twinkle in her eyes and a smile on her lips.


We can't wait for what the next six months will bring.  It surely won't be dull and we know for certain that we'll be showered with the sweetest hugs and kisses, adorable smiles and laughter from our little Bulgarian blessing.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! It's amazing to see the changes that Emilia has made with the love of her family!! Forever and ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good. She is so blessed, and so are you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete