I know I am woefully late in writing about the wonderful reunion of families who adopted from Bulgaria that we attended at the end of June. The truth is I don't have time to finish all the blog posts I have started over the summer, including this one, so I am just going to let you read what my friend and co-organizer Yvonne had to say about the event. She did a great job summing it all up.
However, I did want to share with you one of my favorite memories from the weekend. While I was pretty busy running some icebreaker activities for the children, my little Emilia decided that she wanted to turn herself into swamp girl in the delicious mud puddle the bigger kids had created by filling up water balloons at the potable water pump.
Here she is just getting started with all the fun:
| Photo credit Stephanie Boyd |
Trying to decide if her master piece mud work is finished... not quite yet, methinks.
| Photo credit Stephanie Boyd |
I remember that a number of parents had approached me to let me know Emilia was playing in the mud and I just kind of shrugged it off. I didn't expect to find this when I finally decided to check on her:
There was no way I could be mad at her. She had such a great time playing and exploring a new medium that I just decided to let her keep going until she was ready to be finished.
My eternal gratitude goes to the world's best husband and daddy, Craig, for taking this cute mess into the bath tub to get her squeaky clean again, no questions asked.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone at next year's reunion, same time, same place. If you want to join us, keep an eye on our reunion blog for info and updates:
http://bulgarianadopteesreunion.blogspot.com/.
No comments:
Post a Comment