Sunday, August 26, 2012

My Week In Review

The garden at its summer height:


I started sorting fall clothes by making the kids try on some items from last year that I had kept in case they'd still fit. I am not having much luck with Emilia's stuff as she has grown a good bit. Here she is trying on a pair of pants that we had to take in at the waist last year.  Now they're capris and don't button:


 Celebrated my birthday:


Summer Sunday dinner - BLTs with homegrown tomatoes, watermelon and corn from the local farmer, homemade pickles and freshly baked hazelnut butter cake.  So delicious:


Cousins at play.  Love seeing the teen and the tot together:


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! And pickles! My own beloved, dearly departed, Papa would be proud. I was just thinking it's getting time to put up a few quarts (we do them old-world style with Kosher salt and no vinegar).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. I am so jealous for those tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete