We survived the first day of preschool. Rex did great and came home with a glowing report from his therapists that included things like "excellent job with 1:1 work", "attentive during story time", "engaged in music", "had so much fun with the sand", "loved the fire truck." I am so proud of this kid!
When Craig arrived at the school to pick up Rex, he was sound asleep in the cuddle swing. I guess he'd had an exciting day. Rex had one big tantrum at re-entry at home, but since then it's been a quiet night with calm children. The day really couldn't have gone any better. Here it is in pictures.
I wanted Rex to have no problems at lunch, so I packed his favorites: a nutella sandwich, pirate's booty, sweet potato tortilla chips, vanilla yogurt, and a cookie. I also added half a banana and some carrots, but knew he probably wouldn't eat them. I will continue to offer those healthy choices and maybe someday he'll surprise me.
The breakfast of champions: homemade banana pancakes with peanut butter and nutella. The nutella wasn't actually in the plans, but what can you do when your son goes into the pantry, gets the jar, hands it to you and signs spoon? You pretty much have to give in, right? Also, yes, this is my "perky" pre-7:00 am look after a semi-sleepless night of worrying about Rex at preschool.
Strapped into the car seat and ready to go with his bedding and lunch box.
While Rex was at school, I got to spend quality time with this pretty little lady who cannot stand still for even one photo.
We had some fun with wet sand on the deck. I feel pretty confident now that Emilia will love her birthday trip to the beach.
Got a pile of laundry done.
Made my first attempt at dairy free, egg-free graham crackers. They're not pretty, but they do taste good.
Got started on some gifts in a jar for an upcoming adoption fundraiser.
Roasted vegetables.
And turned them into a delicious soup for dinner.
First day of preschool - it's on the books.
Oh so happy for you and for Rex of course! What an awesome day. The soup looks wonderful. What adoption fundraiser? Yours? BTW, you got way more done today then I did. LOL. Hope tomorrow is just as successful.
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff!
ReplyDeleteThis is wonderful!! Chelsea's first trip to preschool last year was a disaster. But with proper planning and the proper supports, she's done wonderfully. I'm glad Rex's first day went off without a hitch!
ReplyDeleteso glad it went well, I am nervous too for Calvin. He starts Monday! You got a lot done momma!
ReplyDeleteGlad he did well!!
ReplyDelete