As most of you know, our children have significant speech delays, but we are working very hard to help them gain communication skills. Every once in a while we get a glimpse that our efforts are bearing fruit.
Emilia's favorite object in the whole wide world is her daddy's cell phone. She was playing with it one night, but then it was time to put it away. When Craig pried it from her hot little hands she looked at him and said clear as day, "NO." Oh yes, the words are in there with this wee Martini, she just needs the right motivation to let them out.
Rex has been using pictures of Craig and me at school to begin identifying and labeling us as mama and daddy. The therapists have been telling us that he is doing a good job with this task there, but we just had to rely on their word until recently. This afternoon, Rex led me to the back door to be let outside. I got down beside him, intending to get him to say "go" before I would open the door. Instead, Rex looked right at me and said, "Mama." Of course, I was just overjoyed and Rex could tell, so, in turn, he smiled as big as can be and looked very proud of himself.
No and mama - we'll take it gladly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The two sweetest words!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful! Music to your ears, I'm sure...especially hearing Mama.
ReplyDeleteAWWWWW!
ReplyDelete