Friday, February 1, 2013

Pay It Forward January/February

As promised, I am sharing how I am spending the $365 Craig and I have set aside this year to support adoptive families and orphans.

$20.00 - The first fundraiser we decided to participate in is a puzzle piece sale by my friend Lindsey and her husband. Their story has touched me because when they started their adoption journey, they had their hearts set on bringing home a little girl.  That is until they saw a picture of a handsome boy with special needs who is also a bit older than the child they thought they would be adopting.  And so the winding road of adoption goes.  You can support Lindsey, Dustin, and their son-to-be here.

$23.00 - We also most definitely wanted to support the fundraiser of our friends Kim and Jason whose little boy Nikolas is a former orphanage mate of our Emilia.  Nikolas is about to get a younger brother, also from Bulgaria.  Their Tastefully Simple Fundraiser runs through February 8 and you can help this growing family here.

The remaining $17 will either be spent on this fundraiser or, if I get outbid, be added to the agency grant fund for 8-year-old Maria in Rex's birth country.  Maria still waits for her family to find her.  She has kidney issues, a working shunt, and spina bifida and is wheelchair-bound.  However, she is a bright and inquisitive girl who already speaks fluent English and enjoys her school work.  For more information about Maria, please email info@hopscotchadoptions.org.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Viviane!! I'm picking up our completed home study from the Bethany office in about an hour and sending our I800a application after that. Hoping to get our little boy home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting this...I placed a Tastefully Simple order and bid on an item. :-)

    ReplyDelete