In this case, I am talking about Emilia's successfully repaired, strong, and brave heart that was allowed to go home from the hospital today. We are so thrilled to have our little family back together under the same roof and to see our sweet girl recovering quickly from her surgery. And I am sure the nurses and doctors on floors A6 Central and A6 West at our local children's hospital are relieved that they don't have to spend another night watching a little pixie walk the halls in the wee hours of the morning, shouting things like hi, bye, wagon, yellow, circle, chair, red, and go-go-go.
I plan to do a long post about our experience at the hospital, but for tonight I will just share a few photos from Thursday when the music therapist visited Emilia to aid her recovery. The 45 minutes she spent with him completely made her day. When he had to leave, I asked her to say thank you and she said, "Tink you" and blew him a spontaneous kiss. That's how much she liked him and his guitar.
Craig and I also want to express our deep gratitude to all of you who supported us through this week with love, prayers, good thoughts and positive energy as well as hospital visits, emails, cards, balloons, toys, books, and sweet and salty treats. I am probably not going to be able to get a thank you card out to everyone who blessed us in the last five days, but I do want all of you to know that this outpouring of kindness and goodwill meant so very much to our entire family. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.
Love that smile on the middle picture. Takes me back to my days walking the halls--with my guitar--playing and singing to kids, long before it was called music therapy!
ReplyDelete