Thursday, January 9, 2014

Thursday Dinner Epic Fail

This afternoon I peeled and trimmed and washed and cut up a bunch of root vegetables to roast for dinner.  I salted and seasoned and drizzled expensive garlic infused olive oil over everything.  Yes, I'll admit it, my mouth was watering, I had been dreaming of those roasted veggies all day long.

Then I put the Pyrex dish with the vegetables into the oven at 450 degrees and set the timer for 25 minutes to stir.  About seven minutes into the roasting process, I heard a loud bang from the kitchen.  When I went to check, this is what I found:


My Pyrex dish had exploded into a hundred pieces and the veggies were strewn all over the oven.


I was glad that no one was hurt and nothing irreplaceable broken, but the clean-up of this mess was a pain.  Plus, I was so disappointed about not getting these veggies for dinner.  Thanks to the hubz, I was able to drown my culinary sorrows in a mountain of carry-out pad thai.  We'll leave the roasting of vegetables for another day.

1 comment:

  1. So glad there were no injuries (other than the veggies). Found your blog through the BG adoptions FB group. Reading the IAC referrals obsessively. Thanks so much for translating the reports into our hope.

    ReplyDelete