*On July 12, 2011, the judge released our adoption decree, making Rex officially our son.
I know there are still people who believe that those among us with disabilities have less worth and value in this world than everyone else. I, on the other hand, know without a doubt, that human beings like Rex have a distinct purpose in life. They touch and teach so many in sometimes unexpected ways and they bring joy and wonder and growth into spaces that were stagnant or unexplored without them.
Here are some of the things that people have said to us about Rex in recent months.
"I was blessed to hear Rex laugh at the pool yesterday. Made my day."
"You've been such an inspiration to us and quite possibly without your encouragement we wouldn't have [-] home with us!"
"I'm happy with all his progress and he looks just a very happy boy!!"
"This update just made my day. I shared this with [T.] and [Dr. H.] (he saw Rex on the first visit). Everyone agreed he has just the cutest little smile. He is your little miracle."
"Now that we have met him, we will miss him even more."
"I have learned so much from Rex and will miss working with him."
"Rex's laugh is always contagious and seeing him smile warms every inch of my heart. Rex has been a joy in my life and I am excited to see what the future holds for him."
"Rex is doing amazing. I am loving working with him and love seeing how much progress he is making."
Rex is here because the world needed a child just like him. He has a story and there's a plan for his life. We don't know the plan in its entirety right now, but we are privileged to accompany him on his journey and to witness his works of love, tolerance, joy, resilience, courage, and acceptance every single day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment