Tuesday, September 30, 2014

3-4-5 Prep Part 1

So, I am preparing for our pick up trip which involves three weeks, four suitcases and five people.  The first thing we did was purchase Sis a wardrobe.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money for the following reasons:

1) Big Sis has some definite opinions about fashion and may not like what I choose.  I'd rather buy less and let her select additional items on her own after she comes home.

2) Sis may have a growth spurt in the first months home, so I didn't want to have to replace a lot of expensive pieces of fall/winter clothing after only a short time of wearing.

3) Sis's special need affects the way that some things will fit her and it will be much easier to purchase those things with her in tow and make alterations as necessary.

With these thoughts in mind, I was able to put together everything she needs to start for less than $100.  Some things were gifts, others hand-me-downs from my niece, and the rest came from second hand stores.  Everything is very mix-and-matchable and can be worn in various layered combinations to suit the weather and the occasion.

The cardigan was new with tag
at a second hand store for $10.
Score!



The pajama set was less than $5.00 new at Children's Place.
The shirts were about $14 at Old Navy.
The socks came from Target for about $15.
Shoes are possibly going to be tough to fit for Sis, so I am taking these three pairs to get us through the time in country.  Then we will go shoe shopping for something brand-new and comfortable when we are home.


Lastly, Big Sis said she wanted to wear a blue dress the day she leaves the orphanage.  I got her this one with an unusual pattern I like and cute pockets.  If this doesn't fit, we have a hand-knitted dress made by my aunt as a back-up.

The tree print seems fitting
because we will help Sis put down roots
and reach for the sky


And there you have it, our little girl's very first, very own wardrobe.

1 comment:

  1. I love the dress with the trees. I think she will feel like a princess no matter what she wears. Happy trails to all of you!

    ReplyDelete