Sunday, May 31, 2015

Good-bye, May!

If you ask me, May 1 is the beginning of summer.  And with longer days and unseasonably warm temperatures this month, our new yard, since moving here in January, is finally turning into the asset we thought it would be.  The kids play outside every single day and love it.  They are safe and they are having fun.  Craig and I can kick up our feet on the deck sometimes and just relax.

Here are a few pictures from May.

A bowl of grapes for afternoon snack

Off to the swings

The kids enjoy eating outside and I like simple summer meals.

Crockpot pulled pork, rolls, and
quinoa veggie salad
Vegetarian nachos

Chowing down
We opened the pool and have been having some fun in it.




I felt motivated to exercise this month and set a goal of walking a mile a day.  Then Craig put together my bicycle and I started riding it some days instead of walking. I didn't quite get to my goal, but I did walk 17 miles and biked 18.  Since three miles of biking equal about one mile of walking, I am 8 miles short for the month which is okay.

Oh, and we have been twice to pick strawberries at a nearby farm, totaling about 18 pounds.  We've made some jam, but mostly just enjoyed all kinds of treats like icecream and yogurt with fresh strawberries on top, strawberry smoothies, and buttermilk waffles with maple syrup, strawberries and whipped cream. We've had the latter for three Sundays in a row now and Ella is seriously contemplating the question whether she likes this waffle combo better than pizza which is saying something.




Good-bye, May 2015, you've been good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment