Friday, May 1, 2015

Haircuts Galore

My big little girl has been begging me for months to let her get her hair cut much shorter.  She has very beautiful hair, thick and wavy, but it's also very hot, especially for an active Kindergartener.  So, I promised her that when spring arrived, she and I both would get haircuts.  We each had enough hair to spare for a donation to Children with Hair Loss.





This was Ella's first haircut at a salon.  She thoroughly enjoyed every moment of the experience and, being a born entertainer, she had the entire place in stitches with her commentary.

She was thrilled when the eight inches came off.

"This feels so good!"


Supermodel

And now here we are with our summer dos.  And, by the way, our hair will never look this sleek again.  We're an air-drying kind of family.

Positively giddy about her short hair



2 comments:

  1. LOVE! You both look so ooh-la-la sophisticated with your new 'do.' The cuts remind me of my little ones recent cut. As someone with curly (frizzy) hair, on the rare occasion my stylist blow-dries my hair straight, I feel like a different person altogether. You have very fast growing hair too...I must say. Seems to have gone from short to long in no time. And kudos to you both for donating your hair. My niece did the same. And as a sister to a sister who wore a wig, as a child, I can personally attest to the power of your this act of kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely, and like a fantastic time. :-)

    ReplyDelete