Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Manic Monday & Tuesday

Oh my goodness, folks, we had a serious Code Red Level 10 Mess Emergency in this house on Monday morning.  After a busy three days (more on that soon), having a broken washer for a week (replacement arrived on Tuesday), and the master bath out of commission due to plumbing issues for a month (finally finished the drywall and painted on Sunday), I needed to dig myself out of quite a mountain of house and yard work.

My bathroom for the last few weeks

After putting the girls on the bus on Monday, I got going:

1) Cleaned all downstairs floors (including stain removal on the rug)
2) Cleaned girls' bath
3) Made GFDF pizza for Rex and Emilia
4) Picked up EVERYWHERE
5) Loaded, ran and unloaded dishwasher
6) Collected all the dirty clothes for the 247 loads of laundry I will be doing in my new washer  after it's delivered
7) Pulled weeds and trimmed shrubs in front yard
8) Emailed kids' therapy providers and teachers
9) Weeded and swept rock path in the back yard part 1

That was half the mountain down followed by Tuesday's accomplishments:

1) Did 247 loads of laundry in my new beast of a washer
2) Baked these addictive, totally unhealthy cookies
3) Weeded and swept rock path part 2
5) Cleaned kitchen
6) Worked on assembling Ella's June homeschool curriculum (only 12 days of school left)
7) Started first draft of letter to Emilia's birth family
8) Watched final episode of Mad Men - I will miss you!

And now I am back to just the regular medium hill of daily tasks necessary to keeping a busy home and family running.  I am sure many of you can relate.

No comments:

Post a Comment