I know I owe all of you a full update on how Emilia's doing, but I just received this message from her PROMPT speech therapist in regard to some testing they did with her over the last few weeks that I wanted to share. This therapist has worked with her for two and a half years and remembers Emilia as completely nonverbal, fearful, sensory-overwhelmed, unable to eat solids or feed herself, without any pre-academic knowledge... which makes this particular therapist truly aware of the strides Emilia has made in the last few years. Our sweet Bulgarian love is making her own path and we just couldn't be more grateful to be along for the ride.
"In watching it [the video of the test in progress] as we score it, I’m in tears. They are happy, proud tears though!! I tried giving this [test] to her last July/August right before we transitioned here and she really couldn’t participate in most of it. Watching her with [V.] is incredible! She’s following the verbal directions!! She’s imitating her motor movements and then to see the vast difference when the tactile is applied is such a beautiful thing! What I’m also amazed about is her easy interaction and engagement with [V.]. She’s thoroughly enjoying herself, showing off, being so cute, but all the while completely confident in herself. We haven’t gotten through all that we obtained last week yet (we will do more in just a couple of hrs), but thus far, you can really see a dramatic difference in her than where she was—I think even than where she was at the beginning of the summer. She’s just in such a growth right now I wish we could see her every day!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment