Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mail To Armenia

Since Ella has received multiple packages filled with generous gifts from her birth parents, she asked me if she could send them something to return the favor. Of course, I said yes.  We spent some time talking about the fact that shipping internationally is expensive and that we would need to choose items that were small, light, and not fragile.  With that in mind, Ella helped select the gifts: pajamas and socks for her baby brother, a tie for her birth father, and a shirt with her school logo on it for her brother in Kindergarten.  Upon my suggestion, we had a special necklace made for her birth mother.  We also added photos, some of Ella's work from school, and a photo magnet.


Last month, we mailed the package and it arrived in Armenia this week.  Ella's birth mother wrote us a lovely thank you message which included these words, "I want to say that the idea to make such a necklace is wonderful. I am touched. It is the best gift that I got in all my life. It's so invaluable for me to have a piece of my girl.I can't take it in my hands without crying. "

I am very glad that the gifts we chose were well-received as we are building a relationship across the miles with Ella's first family in southern Armenia.  So far, our contact with them has been very positive and helpful for all involved.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Viviane - tell me about the necklace! It looks interesting, but I can't make it out from the photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad how most adoptive moms I've met on groups in my country, have so much angst about birth parents. They don't want to share photos and updates at all. I just don't get it. I look forward to writing updates for our girl's birth parents. It's good to see examples of such adoptions online. Hopefully it gets awareness out for others who might stumble upon your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete