Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Kids Christmas Shopping 2015

The dreaded task (for me) of Christmas shopping has been finished for over a month.  Yes, you heard that right.  I didn't like driving around last minute last year to get the kids gifts, so I started early in 2015.  Since we only give each child three presents (from us as their parents aka Santa), my preparations were not too difficult.

Gift 1: Something They Need

All three kiddos needed new pajamas - like yesterday.  As you know, St. Nick always brings them a holiday pair on December 6, but I also came across a huge sale at Two Adorable and was able to snag each of my little ones a pair of monogrammed fleece pajamas for $20 each that they will hopefully find on Christmas morning.  The only problem with this gift: I ordered the PJ's in October and they still haven't been delivered though I receive periodic email assurances that they will be here in time for Christmas.  Hmm.

Gift 2: Something They Want

Ella loves board games and puzzles, so she is getting a big floor puzzle of the US 50 states ($13) and two games ($10).  Rex loves to build with heavy items, so we chose these giant EverBlocks for him ($150 - by far the most expensive gift this year and more on these blocks in a separate post) and Emilia likes to pretend she's a doctor, so she is getting a doctor kit ($36).

Gift 3: Something We Want Them To Have

Rex is getting a body sock ($35) and Emilia and Ella are getting three books each which I bought via an adoption fundraiser ($15 per girl).

Total costs: $334.  I did not set a specific budget per child or for the three kids together, but as you know we like to keep things within reason which I think we accomplished while being able to get each of them something we hope they will enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I do four gifts...want, need, wear, read. :-) And a gift from Santa.

    ReplyDelete