Monday, August 29, 2016

One Week Down

My kids have completed their first full week of the 2016/17 school year.  I am proud of all three of them.

Ella has been doing a wonderful job following her new morning and afternoon routines - improved and adjusted after learning from first grade - and Emilia and Rex have transitioned well into their Kindergarten classes.

I received this email from Emilia's teacher midweek: I know I am repeating myself but I am just very impressed with Emilia.  She has been an excellent listener, transitioned well from each activity and has stayed focused on academic tasks (brain breaks have helped. :).  

Today she said, "I need help please" in a full sentence while at art center. What amazing gains you have made with her due to your dedication and hard work.  I am so happy she is doing another year of kindergarten because I feel as though she is comfortable in this setting. Today on the playground she asked me to play. :)  

We sing as a class throughout the whole day and like you said, she is very focused during those times so I will definitely keep that up!

And this was Rex's note on Friday:


Thankful for the teachers they have this year and how smoothly we have moved back into the school rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment