Wednesday, March 31, 2021

National Food Week

A few weeks ago a friend and I were chatting about food and cooking and baking, as we often do, and I mentioned the upcoming Pi Day and then St. Patrick's Day.  I was planning to cook special meals for each and then I thought why not theme the entire week's menu based on national food days.  After a bit of research, I decided to go for it and my friend volunteered to come along for the ride. So, for six nights, we each prepared dinners according to a theme or specific ingredient and exchanged photos and reviews.  It was something fun to do together across the miles.


March 13 - National Chicken Noodle Soup Day



March 14 - Pi Day - broccoli quiche and curried vegetable pie as well as peanut butter pie and chocolate chip scones






March 15 - National Peanut Lovers' Day - peanut tacos and noodle cabbage and peanut salad




March 16 - National Artichoke Heart Day - artichoke spinach dip times two



March 17 - St. Patrick's Day - colcannon and soda bread and Irish flag colors plate with colcannon and soda bread



March 18 - National Sloppy Joe Day


No comments:

Post a Comment