Sunday, August 7, 2011

Pudding Galore

I have shared this recipe recently with several APs whose children have come home this summer and are picky eaters or have nutritional deficiencies. I got it from a CLCP support group because cleft-affected kids sometimes have a hard time getting enough calories or nutritional content, especially after their surgeries. We fed this pudding to our son in Armenia and he liked it a lot.

It's very easy: Make a packet of instant pudding mix with Pediasure as the liquid rather than milk. It sets up the same and between two or three different Pediasure flavors and who knows how many pudding ones, there are many combinations. It stays fresh in the fridge for about two days.

Since Pediasure is kind of expensive, I will also share this second recipe here, but I can't vouch for it as I haven't tried making it yet:

2 pouches Carnation Instant Breakfast
2 cups whole milk
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 package instant pudding mix

Half a cup of this stuff packs 250 calories... or so I am told.

No comments:

Post a Comment