Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Timeline Of Our Armenian Adoption

March 27, 2010: saw “Collin’s” profile on Rainbow Kids and inquired

March 31, 2010: info about Collin/Karen sent to us, saw his beautiful face for the first time

April 5, 2010: started home study update document gathering

April 15, 2010: consultation and evaluation with Dr. Staat at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital

May 10, 2010: officially told our agency that we want to adopt Karen

May 28, 2010: home study finished and approved by placing agency

May 29, 2010: USCIS I-800A application mailed

July 24, 2010: USCIS approval arrives and is incorrect

August 7, 2010: mailed I-800A Supplement 3 paperwork

August ?, 2010: dossier to Armenia

August 30, 2010: received new I-797 with my name on it incorrect/incomplete

September 3, 2010: received corrected I-797

November 1, 2010: first PM approval from Armenia

November 3, 2010: invitation to travel

November 12, 2010: arrive in Armenia and meet our son

November 18, 2010: sign paperwork to accept referral and proceed with adoption

November 19, 2010: return to the US

January 27, 2011: request from Armenia for updated fingerprints for Craig

March 18, 2011: final PM approval granted by Armenian government

May 2, 2011: USCIS I-800 filed after delays in getting the Article 16 documents

May 10, 2011: re-file returned I-800 with USCIS

May 20, 2011: refile a yet returned again I-800 with USCIS

June 11, 2011: receive I-800 approval

June 24, 2011: Article 5 Letter released

July 1, 2011: invitation to travel

July 9, 2011: arrive in Yerevan

July 11, 2011: court

July 12, 2011: court decree making the adoption official is proclaimed and released

July 14, 2011 Together Forever Day

July 25, 2011 US visa issued

July 28, 2011: home

No comments:

Post a Comment