Monday, January 16, 2012

Bulgarian Christmas Party

I am almost exactly a month late in posting this, but still wanted to tell you about the wonderful Christmas party our family attended at the home of one of our local Bulgarian friends. As always, there was lots of food, some traditional craft activities for the children, and Santa even showed up. Most of the children are members of recently immigrated families and there were also two adoptees: a young woman in her mid 20s and Emilia.

Here are the kids singing a number of Bulgarian holiday songs to Santa:
As soon as the singing started, Emilia was drawn in and sat down to listen:
She did not want to go up to Santa to receive her gift, but she sure liked being in front of the tree by his feet and watch the happenings from there:
The party was a lot of fun and I hope that we will see some of these nice Bulgarian families at our adoptive families' reunion this summer in Ohio.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like it was a lot of fun! Wish I lived closer to be able to go to this too. Was Anna the older adoptee? She was at the reunion this summer and was wonderful to talk to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was Anna. I invited her to this year's reunion, so hopefully she can make it. Acia threw the party.

    ReplyDelete