Stylish girls always carry matching water bottles.
Overall, Emilia is doing well. She's really healthy and sleeps through the night. She must be in some kind of growth spurt because she wants to eat often and a lot. She likes toast with blueberry jam and has started drinking orange juice. I am in the process of taking her off her nutritional supplement. I make it now with soy or almond milk instead of water and only half the powder. The calories are about the same, but financially it's more affordable. She has not minded the change at all. I think I will always keep a can of the supplement on hand though for those days where the quality of her intake is less than stellar.
Brave girl who played in the big pool.
Thanks to Ms. Shelley for helping.
Emilia continues to do things her way, exploring and learning what she wants and leaving the rest for me to fret about. Maybe I should join the unschooling movement and worry less. She's always on the move and into something. Her latest fancy is climbing into the one and only kitchen drawer that doesn't have a child-lock, so she can reach things on the counter. Emilia is a feisty little girl who lets you know what she wants even though she only says four words.
Emilia has been calling in a lot more cuddles lately and sometimes she even gives me a spontaneous kiss. She can imitate sounds when she wants, but she does not want 97% of the time. In recent days I have heard an eee for eat when I was trying to get her to ask for the next bite and a ppp for pig when we were looking at a book. We are considering placing Emilia into preschool two days a week come fall and also enrolling her in speech therapy to see if she will participate. Other kids and someone not a parent asking her to develop skills might be just what she needs.
No comments:
Post a Comment