Yesterday I came into the kitchen only to find this mess: blueberries and strawberries all over the floor. The culprits were caught blue-handed (and blue-footed) and one still happily clutched the strawberry bowl. I know the other instigated the incident by opening the fridge door.
I kind of wish I would have snapped a photo of the looks on the doers' faces when I discovered them, but I was too mad and primarily concerned with preventing them from crushing more berries all over their clothes and my floor which, as usual, I had just cleaned earlier in the day. Last time I cleaned it, a party who shall remain unnamed decided to pull the sand and water table up to the deck door and then dump its contents into the kitchen. Yep, story of my motherhood: clean the floor, expect huge mess within 24 hours.
Anyway, the perpetrators were in big trouble and I assure you that some fearful tears were shed and some guilty lips pouted as I read them the riot act, especially since this was a repeat offense.
If anyone has suggestions on how to secure the fridge, please let me know. The mechanism we had installed did not last but a day due to the brute strength of the male lawbreaker in our family.
Laughing only because I've been there and continue to have these things happen on a weekly basis in one form or another. You'll laugh later. I would have loved to see the priceless look on the faces of the guilty parties.
ReplyDeleteWe have one similiar to this on our side by side fridge: http://www.amazon.com/Safety-First-Cabinet-Flex-Lock-2-Pack/dp/B001P65QJI/ref=sr_1_1?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1339501425&sr=1-1&keywords=safety+first+cabinet
Ours is actually the one I just discovered got recalled in March, oops!
Oh, our lives our so similar. LOL. You gave me a great laugh today. Ours leave a trail. And it is always, always after its just been cleaned. BTW, doesn't get better as they get older. Just yesterday, we had cake icing all over the floor, tea, spaghetti, milk, and popcorn seeds all in the living room. In addition, apple cores everywhere.....including the toilet! Clugged up all day. All I can do is share a laugh. I have no wisdom to offer.
ReplyDeletei have the same problem. tried duct tape and it worked for about 3 or 4 days. then Emery figured out how to peel it back, squish it together, take/mess what she wanted, and bring me the tape roll to redo it! my frig is not a side by side, so she can reach the tape. also, the tape began to take the paint off the frig. not the best idea. i was so tired of her getting into the frig. the paint thing didn't even bother me! Anyway - good luck!!!!
ReplyDeletestop cleaning the floor. problem solved. ;-)
ReplyDeleteI know, I considered abandoning the floor, but once in a while when crumbs start poking into my bare feet, I have to do something.
ReplyDeleteAlso, my current best idea for the fridge is a bicycle lock around the two door handles, but what a pain in the butt that would be to get in, especially with Rex asking for a drink a dozen times a day.
that reminds me of the viral youtube video, Denver the Guilty Dog.
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing real stories of life.