Monday, April 29, 2013

So Much To Do, So Little Time

I know I have been a bit quieter than normal on the blog lately.  It's not that there's nothing going on, but rather that I have been trying to focus my energies elsewhere.  Here are some random things that have been occupying my time.

My completely untidy and disorganized home has been driving me quite nuts in recent months, so I have been working one task at a time to remedy this situation.  I spent most of Sunday digging out our master bedroom (yes, we really do have wall to wall carpet) and washing all bedding in the house.  Boy, it felt great to go to bed last night in a fresh, clean room.  Now if I could only get around to fixing the bedside lamps that Rex broke... oh say, about a year ago, I would be quite pleased.

In an effort to motivate myself to get more organized, I scheduled a garage sale with my neighbors for this Saturday.  I don't have all that much to sell, but I needed a reason to go through each room and each closet and sort what had been accumulating.  Now I just need to get the pricing done by Friday night and set everything up in the garage.  I don't expect to make big bucks with this sale, but instead look forward to feeling relieved of the proverbial stuff one way or another.  What doesn't sell is going to Goodwill.

The kids continue to have a few therapy appointments each week (last week there were four) which is pretty time-consuming.  We also have a lot of extra appointments on the calendar for May, like dentist visits, pediatric check-ups, Emilia's preschool evaluation, and so on.  In addition, I am watching my littlest nephew again two days a week, so being a Naunty is back in fashion and a whole new ballgame now with a talkative almost kindergartener.

The Bulgarian reunion is less than two months away at this point and it seems like every day there's something to take care of for our event, whether it's answering emails with attendee questions, lining up volunteers, purchasing supplies or preparing activities for the children.  If you plan to attend and haven't registered yet, our registration deadline is May 1.  For more information, please visit our reunion blog.

Despite so much going on, all four of us are doing well.  We just wish spring would really, really arrive now.  I am tired of rainy days and windy days and random days with highs in the 40s and 50s.  Bring on the 70s and sunshine, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment