Friday, March 6, 2015

Rex Ist Sechs

*The formatting on this entry is all messed up and I don't know how to fix it.

We recently celebrated Rex's sixth birthday.  I can hardly believe how quickly my little boy is growing up.  The first time I saw his face he had just turned one and I knew instantly he was mine.

This year, we decided to gather our family and friends at a local gym for some gross motor and sensory fun in honor of the birthday boy.  After a bit of a rough start which was my fault (balloons - enough said), Rex enjoyed himself and explored the equipment and activities.






Ella showing off some mad skills



After all the fun in the gym, we enjoyed a few refreshments in the party room.  Among other treats, I had made these gluten and dairy free cupcakes which turned out quite yummy.  We had a couple of adults with gluten intolerance in the crowd and they agreed, too.




Rex also celebrated with his friends at school.  I made a gluten, dairy and nut free chocolate raspberry cake with "buttercream" icing.


Rex had a great birthday at school.

Relaxing

Thinking

And playing.


Rex, you are and will forever be 
our favorite boy in the whole wide world.
We love you beyond measure and we think you know it.
You are brave and curious, funny and affectionate.
You fight hard every day to learn and to live in a busy world.
We are immensely proud of you, son,
And marvel daily at your resilience and amazing spirit.
You are our greatest teacher
And a blessing beyond our wildest dreams.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Rex! Six!!!!!!

    And I love the photo of Ella on the parallel bars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rex's new look! Happy birthday, big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Rex's new look! Happy birthday, big boy!

    ReplyDelete