Sunday, May 10, 2015

Ella's First Mother's Day

Today was Ella's first time experiencing Mother's Day.  She had learned about it at school and worked very hard on some gifts which she was excited to present to me. I'll admit it, I cried.

The last word is make-up
which is the height of coolness in Ella's book







Again, her teacher helped her write the answers, but I can tell by the choices for the fill in the blanks that they were all Ella's ideas and thoughts.  I think she likes me.

This morning, Craig told Ella to greet me by saying "Happy Mother's Day" which she did.  She gave me a big hug and followed up with this statement, "I woke up in my bed and I thought about Mother's Day and I cried a little because I was happy."

As I've mentioned before, Craig and I aren't big into holidays, so we kept things pretty low key here today, like any other Sunday.  I don't need to be showered with gifts (though I did receive a nice large tote for travel) or fancy meals (not having to cook because of leftovers was a great break, however) or  exuberant expressions of love (because my family shows me love and appreciation every day).  I am just happy and privileged to be the mother of these three treasures.



2 comments:

  1. Your kiddos are literally getting cuter every time I see them. Happy Mama's Day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day. The photos of the kids are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete