Sunday, August 30, 2015

Lunchlady Land

As I've mentioned before, I am excited about packing Ella's lunches and afternoon snacks.  They are pretty much the same every day, but it's still fun.  Here's this week's run-down.

Monday: leftover pizza, fresh fruits and veggies, turkey and crackers, two chocolate covered cookies, and a yogurt pouch.


Tuesday: salami roll-ups, fresh fruits and veggies, hummus and crackers, a Cliff bar and a yogurt pouch.


Wednesday: hard-boiled egg, fresh fruits and veggies, string cheese and crackers, graham crackers with no-nut butter and a few chocolate chips, and a whole banana.


Thursday: turkey wrap, fresh fruits and veggies, two chocolate covered cookies, string cheese and crackers, and a yogurt pouch.


Friday: chicken nuggets, hard-boiled egg and crackers, fresh fruit and veggies, chocolate graham crackers with no-nut butter.


Ella drinks water at school.

I did learn some small lessons this week. For one, even though Ella is really good at peeling eggs, she doesn't have enough time to do so during lunch.  She brought some of her hard-boiled egg back home on Wednesday and when I asked why, she said, "Lunch was over, so I couldn't finish it."  Hence, I peeled her egg for her on Friday.

I also realized that doing the roll-ups is a lot messier than doing wraps, so I think I am going to stick with the wraps.

This isn't a novel trick by any means, but I like freezing her yogurt pouches, so by lunch, they are refreshingly cool for her to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment