It feels like the last few months have brought us many wonderful blessings (other than our son and daughter, of course). In no special order, I want to list some of them here as a reminder that they happened and an expression of my gratitude.
1) I usually pack Craig’s lunch every day, but in the last several weeks he has had many free lunches at work which has saved me some time and effort in the mornings. It’s been so nice to have those five or ten extra minutes that I could stay cozy under the covers.
2) I have found a fantastic young woman who comes to our house for two hours a day now just to play with Rex and work on his skills. She is Montessori-certified and doing a great job with our little peanut. The two hours she is here are so invigorating for me as I can be very productive with tasks around the house.
3) Craig’s co-workers had a great baby shower for us and presented us with more than enough money to buy a second Ergo carrier for our daughter. Being the thrifty shopper that I am I was able to get one new on Ebay for $40 under list price and then also buy a Ju Ju Be Prepared diaper bag in immaculate used condition for $105 under list price. I am so excited about both of these purchases. We are two steps closer to being ready to pick up our little girl now.
4) Good friends who started their Bulgarian adoption journey around the same time we did, but whose child has been home for a year now sent us the Leva they had left over from their second trip and told us to buy ourselves something beautiful or donate the money to the orphanage. I promise it will go to good use.
5) Rex has been home for almost four months and I haven’t had to buy a pack of diapers yet. Amazing how diapers have just continued to show up for us from various sources.
6) Presents and cards for Rex and his sister keep arriving from family and friends around the world. Thank you all for showering us with your love and generosity. I honestly had no idea our story had reached so far and is touching so many hearts.
7) Beautiful hand-me-downs have been passed on to us by other parents. Rex and his sister will be stylin’ through the winter and next summer, too. I am so grateful.
8) We have found wonderful therapists to work with Rex. He is making great developmental progress due in large degree to the work they are doing with him. It’s nice when you have people who get it on your team.
9) Readers of this blog, you have given me a lot of support, a reason to chronicle this journey, and a certain kind of motivation to pull myself up by the bootstraps and move forward even on the bad days. I know at some point when things settle down I will re-read my entries and be happy to have them as records of our lives. And maybe when our kids get older they will value them as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment