A few weeks ago, we went camping with friends who adopted from the same Armenian orphanage as we did. We have a special bond because we shared most of our Armenian adoption journeys in emails across the miles. My friend Elizabeth delivered a gift from us to Rex on their first trip to Yerevan. She was the one who told me he could walk. She saw him outside a lot and took the time each day to write a note about how he was doing. Then, when we went to pick up Rex, I was allowed to see her little girl twice and was able to send her emails, giving updates on Sofia.
Elizabeth's family does not live very far from us, but we still had managed to meet only once until we put together this camping get-away. It was a great weekend with time to talk, good food, and fun. I'll let a few pictures tell the story.
Here's a shirtless Rex getting into the meadow. This is the same child who less than a year ago could not walk barefoot on any surfaces or tolerate certain textures on his skin due to sensory integration issues. Oh how far he has come!
These are our little Eastern European beauties. They are about the same size, but Sofia is 17 months younger than Emilia. We hope that some day these two cuties will be close friends and confidants.
I love this image of Emilia. Yes, sweet pea, you are a U.S. citizen now.
And here are our Armenian angels reunited. We are so happy that they will be able to grow up knowing each other and sharing their experiences.
Elizabeth and I are looking forward to many more shared adventures and joint projects as we walk this path of adoption together.
I love this!!!!
ReplyDeleteJungle Rex is super cute! Glad you all could have a fun time with pals:)
ReplyDelete