Friday, June 15, 2012

Snip Snip Snip

A few days ago, I made an 8 inch change…  8 inches of hair that is.   I got it cut for my third hair donation.  I have donated before to Locks of Love and Pantene Beautiful Lengths.  This time the braids are going to Children With Hairloss which happens to be a charity founded by my friend Yvonne’s mother.  However, I didn’t know of this connection until I started doing some research and linked Children With Hairloss back to Yvonne’s family through a few steps.  Kind of weird how that six degrees of separation thing always seems to work out.

Here’s my hair before:




Here are my braids ready to be donated:



And here’s a strange little self-portrait I took in the bathroom:


I have received many compliments on the new style, but it's going to take some getting used to for me.  I still have to pause and think about who I am seeing when I pass a mirror.  I guess it's only been 60 hours.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Awesome. What a huge change. Pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks GREAT. I had no idea your hair was so long, nor that you got it cut. So sad that being only 2 doors away and sharing a daytime caregiver, and the way I find out about your new do is your blog! Hopefully things will settle for both of us and we can return to our chats of last year. I miss them, and you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new style!! So glad that we are friends and that I could connect you with my mom's wonderful organization!! :) See you next weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it, it looks great and very cute! Have you gone up to a water fountain yet and tried to hold back your hair and then realized it's not there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, but I tried to pull my hair back a few times or throw it over my shoulders only to find there was no hair there to move. It was funny.

    ReplyDelete