About a week ago, I was riding in the car and You're Beautiful by James Blunt came on the radio. I don't think I've heard that song since 2008 when my sister and I were driving in Slovakia and she played it repeatedly off a CD. So, I made my sister mad because, feeling oversaturated with this particular track at that time, I kept changing the words to the song. My sister, an artist, did not at all appreciate my creativity compared to Blunt's.
Now that I've heard the song again (after the car last week I had to go to youtube and listen a few more times), it has affected me in a completely different way. The last four years have changed my life tremendously. I felt compelled to alter the words again because the original lyrics of having this intense moment of connection with a stranger reminded of the first time I saw Rex's face in a photo and the first time I saw him in person. You're Beautiful turned all about Rex and my becoming a mother through his adoption, an ending different from the one in Blunt's version. Yesterday morning, when Rex led me back to bed for some cuddles, I sang my adaptation to him.
You're Beautiful
Your life is brilliant.
Your life is brilliant.
Your love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
He smiled at me in a photo.
He was with another woman.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I did know what to do,
'Cause I want to be with you.
Yeah, he caught my eye,
As they placed him in my arms.
I could see from his face that he was
all alone
And I do know that I'll see him again,
Because we shared a moment that will last till the end.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I do know what to do,
'Cause I want be with you.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
Now it's time to face the truth,
I will always be with you.
Your life is brilliant.
Your love is pure.
I saw an angel.
Of that I'm sure.
He smiled at me in a photo.
He was with another woman.
But I won't lose no sleep on that,
'Cause I've got a plan.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I did know what to do,
'Cause I want to be with you.
Yeah, he caught my eye,
As they placed him in my arms.
I could see from his face that he was
all alone
And I do know that I'll see him again,
Because we shared a moment that will last till the end.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
I saw your face in a crowded place,
And I do know what to do,
'Cause I want be with you.
You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
You're beautiful, it's true.
There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
When she thought up that I should be with you.
Now it's time to face the truth,
I will always be with you.
awwwwwwwwwww!
ReplyDelete