Maria has spina bifida and is wheelchair-bound. She also receives care for chronic UT conditions.
Maria has been living in a small, private orphanage in Eastern Europe which is run more like a home than an institution. She has seen two of her best friends adopted in recent years and wishes for a family of her own.
This fundraiser is intended to collect seed money for an agency grant for Maria. This grant will be given to the family who registers with Maria for adoption after meeting her in her hometown to assist with adoption fees. If no family commits to this lovely girl, the grant money will eventually be used to further Maria's education in her country.
Now how do I hope to raise some seed money? By selling seeds, of course. I have been tending a small, suburban organic garden for over a decade. I always buy my seeds from certified organic suppliers, but over the years have also learned to harvest my own seeds for the next year. This year I collected a lot seeds which I would like to share with those of you who love to grow vegetables and herbs or are looking for a stocking stuffer for gardening friends.
I have three packets each available of the following organic seeds:
Forest Green Parsley
12-18 in. Hardy Biennial
12-18 in. Hardy Biennial
Finely-curled, compact, garnishing and
bunching variety. High in amino acids, aspartic, and glutamine. Long stems bear
dark-green, double-curved leaves. It is nutritious raw or as a seasoning.
Cherry Radish
1-2 in. Hardy Annual
A
tasty, round, brilliant red radish with crisp white flesh. Tolerant of poor
soils and resists pithiness even in dry, hot weather. May be planted
and harvested all summer long.1-2 in. Hardy Annual
Mustard Greens
Spicy and hot when fresh, the vibrant
green, deeply frilled, finely cut leaves mellow when cooked. Upright
plants do not bolt in the heat as quickly as most others. Harvest as baby
greens for salad and braising mix when mature.
Garden Sage
Heirloom
Heirloom
Hardy Perennial
Classic
sage has been grown for centuries as a culinary herb (2-3"). The
fragrant leaves are used fresh or dried for seasoning. Abundant purple
flowers attract bees. USDA Zones 5-9.
I am not going to put a price on these seeds, but rather allow you to set your own in accordance with what you feel led to contribute to Maria's grant fund. If you are interested in buying a packet or two, please email me at viviane8 at yahoo dot com and I will provide you with a (paypal) address. If you send your donation directly to the agency representing Maria, it will be tax deductible. Whatever is easier for you works for me.
This is a great way to make a difference for one little girl during National Adoption Month, so please consider being a part of this fundraiser. And if you are interested in adopting this sweetheart, please contact info@hopscotchadoptions.org. Photos and video are available.
No comments:
Post a Comment