Last weekend, we had a wonderful time with our dear friends who own The Burr House Bed and Breakfast in Northern Ohio. They invited us for an early Thanksgiving and we gladly accepted. They let us have our pick of all the rooms and then told us to rearrange the room however we needed to make it work for our family. So, we blew up an air mattress, pushed the twin beds further apart to fit it in-between them, put up a toddler bed rail at the foot end and voila, we had a safe place for Rex to sleep while we each had a comfy bed. Emilia had her pack'n play, so she was snug as a bug, too.
We spent our early Thanksgiving weekend talking, playing, shopping, cooking, reading, walking, watching TV, sleeping, fire side chatting, and of course, eating. It's so nice to get away from home every once in a while and reconnect with old friends.
| Little Amadea (and don't steal that name from me, I might use it some day) couldn't get enough of playing the piano |
| Men around the fire |
Emilia had so much fun with her cousins and brother, too, when she was swinging and they were pretending to be knocked over by her. Here's a little video of it:
http://youtu.be/7S5x_2pCveY
I am so thankful for all of these wonderful children, for their laughter ringing through our home, and for all that is yet to come in their lives.
Medko and I just watched the video and Medko says to me....I want to go there! He said what I was thinking. Looks like the kids were having so much fun. Happy Thanksgiving!!
ReplyDeleteDid you see the digger you gave us down there on the left hand side of the video screen? It's a staple of the sensory basement.
ReplyDeleteYay for the Fisherman's Room!
ReplyDelete