Last weekend lots of baking ingredients appeared at our kitchen and were turned into pistachio cherry as well as hazelnut mocha cookies. They were wrapped into ten packages for round one of our holiday mailings.
We also attended the Christmas party at our local children's hospital. Last year, Rex was fascinated with the band, but this year, he was all about the circus performers.
Emilia on the other hand was super interested in the band and even got a private little concert from a really nice musician. Throughout the party, she was very appropriate with strangers. One woman at the party remembered Emilia from 2011. She talked to me for a while and said, "Last year she was sitting in the corner so afraid and just look at her now." Emilia was like a butterfly in the room, putting her spell on everyone. I can kind of see why she doesn't feel the need to speak when she has this effect on people without words.
Last year, we could not get Rex anywhere near Santa, but this time around he was willing to sit with his daddy and meet the guy. He even gave him a high five though the look on his face is very familiar to us and says: 'From a tactile perspective, I am not at all sure I want to do this, but I am going to overcome my fear and go for it.' We're so proud of you, son.
Of course, there's always more baking during Advent, so I made 85 sugar cookies and an apple sauce pie. Some of the cookies went to Rex's teachers, but most, along with the pie, were for our family Christmas party. I am totally crazy about this applesauce pie which was a new recipe I tried. I am going to make more this week.
We rented this pretty local venue for our family Christmas.
I didn't realize they would have such festive decorations up inside. A great, unexpected bonus.
All five cousins in one photo... a very tough shot to get.
This picture is so sweet to me. Cousin Colton is playing with his new toy and Emilia is watching attentively.
I hope everyone else had as much fun as we did at our little gathering.
That's all for now. Can't wait to see what the next two weeks have in store for us in terms of Christmas excitement.
No comments:
Post a Comment