Every family has Christmas traditions that are passed down from our parents, grandparents or generations even further back, but most of us also have something new that we started on our own.
Since the early years of our marriage, Craig and I have always enjoyed homemade cinnamon rolls on a Sunday in December. I only make them once a year and they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious. Last year with Emilia home just a few weeks, I did not have the time or energy to bake our holiday cinnamon rolls, so today was the first time we shared this tradition with our children.
I started the baking process around 9:00 am and we enjoyed a sweet brunch of warm cinnamon rolls around 11:30. I made 32 rolls (16 regular and 16 cinnamon raisin), so I could give half of them to my friend Mary as a thank you for helping me out on Friday.
 |
| Yeast dough from two pounds of flour, risen and ready to go |
 |
| Slathered with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon |
 |
Fresh out of the oven The loaf on the right is dairy free for Emilia |
 |
| Mary's batch |
 |
| Iced and almost all devoured in no time flat |
I enjoyed baking for my family today and based on their finger-licking, lip-smacking, and ooh-aahing, I have no doubt that they relished in the fruits of my labor. It doesn't get any better than that.
THANK YOU so much for the DELICIOUS cinnamon rolls. I don't know how you have the time to do it, but I'm very thankful that you do! Love, Mary, Jim and the bunch 2 doors down!
ReplyDeleteI make homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning every year. It is a past down tradition, as well as recipe, from my mother-in-law. The kids just asked this year if the reason I only make them once a year is beacause they are so hard to make or because they have so much sugar in them. I thought that was quite funny. Merry Christmas to your family!!!
ReplyDelete