Friday, December 21, 2012

Therapists Holiday Gifts


Since Rex is now in preschool, this is my first holiday season as a mom having to consider presents for teachers.  Due to the size of Rex's program (13 families and 13 therapists at the moment), parents decided to pool our money for collective gifts.  We were definitely on a budget having only $13.46 available per therapist.  Our theme was "Spa in a Bag."  Since I love shopping for a good bargain, I volunteered to look for deals that would stretch our dollars as far as possible.  I shopped clearance, sales and promotions; I used free shipping and other coupon codes; and I searched ebay with these results:

12 Female Therapists:

Godiva Chocolate Biscuit Gift Pack: $5.30 each (regularly $8.50)
Bath & Body Works 8 oz Lotion: $4.57 each (regularly $11.00)
Loreal Nail Polish: 95 cents each (regularly ~ $4.00)
Avalon Organics Lip Balm: 88 cents each (regularly ~ $3.00)
Pair of Fuzzy Socks: $1.33 each (regularly ~$2.50)
Total : $13.00 ( value ~ $29.00)

1 Male Therapist

Godiva Chocolate Biscuit Gift Pack: $5.30
Panera Gift Card: $5.00
Total: $10.30 (sorry, Mr. Cameron, you got a little short-changed)

The remainder of the funds ($8.56) was spent on wrapping supplies.

Another mom did the wrapping, so here's a photo of what the therapists received today:


I think the gifts were a success as the board at school had a big thank you on it followed by a grateful email this evening.  I hope these ladies and gent know how much we appreciate what they do for our kids every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment