Every other month, I look forward to the Hidden Treasures Auction which always supports the adoption of a child from Emilia's birth country. This time around, the money raised in this event went to the Caiazza Family. I bid on a custom-knitted Christmas stocking and won it for $15. I am really excited for Rex to get his one-of-a-kind stocking for this coming holiday season. I think it will look great hanging from the mantle with the knit-stocking I bought for Emilia in Sofia.
The remainder of our September/October funds ($45 and then some) are being used to start a fundraising project very close to my heart. I am committed to raising $10,000 for a little boy named "Neal" who lives in an orphanage in Eastern Europe. I am very familiar with this orphanage and know this little guy is receiving good care, but he needs a family. His medical needs would improve greatly if he received proper therapy as well. It will take me a long time and much help from others to raise this money, but if I succeed, Neal's international fee will be covered. The money would be available to a family that has registered with him for adoption in his birth city. If Neal is not adopted, the money will wait for him to provide care and education as an adult. As you can see, I have added a fundraising thermometer on the right hand side of our blog, so you can track my progress. Keep checking back here for more information about Neal and for mini fundraising events. If you would like to make a tax-deductible contribution to Neal's grant fund or are interested in adopting him, please email me at viviane 8 at yahoo dot com and I will point you in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment