Tuesday, March 10, 2015

When Fairies Explode

A few weeks ago my cousin Maria was over for a visit and we were enjoying a chat in the dining room while Ella was eating her lunch and Emilia was upstairs in Craig's and my bedroom watching a video.  She was being so good and quiet, I should have known something was brewing because suddenly, ta-da, little Miss E waltzed down the stairs, gleefully announcing herself as "pretty."  I looked up and saw her covered from head to toe in gold glitter. I instantly knew that I had left a big bag of glitter in the master bedroom where Emilia had gotten her hands on it.  You can imagine what happened from there.

Eventually Maria and I did go up to look at the damage and found Craig's and my bed and our floor and a stack of clean clothing and the throw pillows and the hallway and some other random objects covered in the most beautiful, sparkly layer of glitter.  I was kind of laughing because what else can you do at this point, but also dreading the clean-up as well as Craig's strong dislike of glitter. Seriously, if Rex has school projects with glitter on them, Craig throws them away in the classroom, he never brings them home.  Here's just a small section of the fairy explosion:



And don't judge my mismatched, no-fitted sheet... that had just gone on the bed the night before due to another child-related mess and our regular sheet was fresh out of the dryer, but not yet put on the mattress.  Yes, this is my real life.

Since our vacuum cleaner is still at the old house, Maria loaned us hers and it literally took an hour to clean up our bedroom after the kids' afternoon therapy.  And, if you have any experience with glitter, you now that there was no way we could get every last speck, no matter how hard we tried. I predict that Craig and I will spend the next few years rolling out of bed in the mornings with random glitter on our bodies.  Get used to it, people, we're just that posh.

4 comments:

  1. At least you'll wake up pretty every day, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before we became parents, I bought the book, 'Shit My Kids Ruined.' It is very funny--oh-my-gosh, the photos. Hysterically funny. And also terrifying ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am smiling and laughing here, but not too hard beacuse I know my turn is coming!

    ReplyDelete