Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Troll Trouble

Uhuh, it looks like I have finally been found by a troll named Suzee who left this comment.  I want to make sure all of my readers have a chance to see it here as it provides valuable insight into the minds of those who have clearly done their homework regarding the practices, processes, and effects of international adoption.  I also want to thank Suzee for her professional and qualified medical assessment regarding my children's apparent FAS.

"So awesome to know you're in the market to purchase another kid from a corrupt country! Yippee! It's wonderful that you continue to support crime, corruption and human trafficking by spending upwards of $30k per kid!! Jesus must be thrilled!!!!

Ps both your kiddos have facial features consistent with prenatal alcohol exposure!! You'll have tons of fun with that + trauma!!"

8 comments:

  1. Holy Cow! BTW, I have 6 w/ FASD and I can tell you yours do NOT have it. And yes, I've met them personally people. Unbelieveable. Don't feed the trolls. Thanks for sharing though. I've seen comments left like this on various blogs. It really is sad that folks still think this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so interesting that people that make such nasty comments are not bold enough to let you respond to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sheesh...so sorry to see this, though sadly I have had many Suzees and her ilk "comment" on my blog. It's irritating because she/they--as you say--have no clue about what the impacts are of children growing up in orphanage care.

    I wish people--like Suzee--would put their money where their, uh, mouse is and either support non-profits who offer support to orphanages or (if they truly are of sound mind, which I think Suzee is not) adopt themselves.

    Kudos to you for handling this comment with humor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzee was Kylie on my blog... I actually traced her to Ottawa, Canada and turned her in to her web service provider. Yes, I have tools that can tell me that. Let me know if you have interest in them... it is awesome to know that this is just one angry soul who is bent on hurting people who are working so hard to rescue children from institutional life. I Responded with a largely nasty response... I took it down after a week because I didn't want my blog to turn into something it was never intended to be. She is nothing more than a minor blip on the radar... charge on... you are an awesome mother who is working her butt off! You keep doing what you are doing... thing is people get what they give... but it isn't up to us to give it to them. Karma is a_______! ;)

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've met a "Suzee" a time or two also...it's actually a joke. Great job handling with humor. There's no other way to handle a comment so rife with stupidity. (PS: I think she said my future son has FAS too. Um - HARDLY. Like - REALLY HARDLY.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAS? probably not but they do have some obvious issues. To Beth above, many of us do and have contributed to our motherland of Armenia and for your information the orphanages receive about $7,000 per yer per child for care. You have been around for a mere 4 years, many of us started this support in our Armenian youth groups. You have no right to judge our culture or appear to be a part of something you are not. Incidently, you are jewish and Armenia does not have good relations with the jews - It wasn't too long ago that your adoption agency was telling non-Christians that they should not consider adopting from Armenia.
    The fact your facilitator was able to purchase a child for you after almost 4 years is remarkable considering the amount of Armenians that are waiting for a child, who can give them more than a 900 sq foot home and a non-Armenian name with no culture / language skills.
    If you think that child was unwanted or abandoned you are sadly mistaken, and should live in the real world of poverty and why mothers have to give up their children for food, or recieve money for relinquishment.
    Then when the poor darling is 18 you will be ready for a nursing home.
    You cheated that girl out of her culture because you are selfish and wanted to purchase a child so bad you stuck around through a failed court date and rejection of a child with major issues. Your adoption had to work for your agency or she was going to lose face, which she already has with Armenians they way she still promises non-Armenians children. Check with Adopt Abroad or Carolina Adoption Services where Robin worked before - check to see how they discourage this. No mistaken it - saving a child while profiting over $1.3 million in the last 4 years is marketing.
    Now Robin is quoting $50,000 for a kid from Armenia? Don't kid yourself that you saved a child from Armenia. Viviane yes, but you no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so sad that anyone has ever been given the impression that this is about Americans "saving" a child from their home country. I hope and pray no one is trying to adopt in order to "spare" some "poor child" from their native culture. If they are, then shame on them.
    It's also sad that adoption has become viewed as "purchasing" a child. Sad that there have been incidents that reinforce this idea, and sad that corruption does actually occur.
    Saddest of all, though, is that there are people out there who will be so utterly vile to parents who are loving their children so well. Honestly, why be so nasty in the first place?

    ReplyDelete