The other day I was looking for something in our freezer chest. I really had to dig deep and unintentionally came across a ziplock bag marked as follows: "Chocolate Pecan Sweet Bread 6/11."
I immediately knew the story behind this frozen treasure. When we were anxiously awaiting a court date for the adoption of Rex, I was trying to keep myself busy by preparing and freezing meals and snacks for the first weeks home. I figured this would be such a helpful and handy preparation for those crazy busy days of settling in with a newly adopted toddler.
In hindsight, I had to laugh at myself. While I thought in June 2011 that later that year I would have limited time to cook and bake, I had no idea that, in fact, I would have little time to even eat. Plus, that summer I felt so on top of things, so ready for what was to come... I simply didn't have the slightest clue about how my life was going to change.
So, in November 2012 with a lot more wisdom under my belt, I enjoyed the delicious sweet bread I had baked 17 months earlier. And yes, you'd better believe that I was eating it standing up, on the run, and/or balancing a child on my hip, chuckling all the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I've lost 10+ lbs. since becoming a mom. Extra activity, for sure...and then there is--what I call--the "raisin on the floor diet," meaning what I actually get to eat during the day frequently amounts to what A.drops!
ReplyDelete