Two years ago today, our first family photo was taken at a hillside orphanage in Yerevan, Armenia.
That morning I spent an unforgettable half hour holding my little boy. Much to his caregivers' surprise, he sat with me, he leaned on me, he looked at me, studied my face and I his. Something so big, so amazing was happening in those moments and everyone in the room could feel it. "That's his mama," the caregivers said. And so it is, so it always shall be.
Wow! Yes, he is definitely yours and always will be. He is just a little boy so full of life. I've loved seeing him blossom in pictures and actually getting to meet that little guy full of personality. Congrats.
ReplyDeleteHe knew you were mom! I'm sure this is a very special day for you. I hope one day Rex will realize the importance of this day and those first moments together.
ReplyDelete"Something so big, so amazing..." Indeed! Congratulations on your two year anniversary. How quickly the time passes now that he's home. So different from the days, months (and years) that drag on as parents-to-be wait.
ReplyDelete