Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April 18, 2011

One year ago today in Dobrich, Bulgaria, we met a very teeny, very scared little girl. She was 18 months old and could not walk. She spoke no words. We did not hear her laugh and saw no smiles. She only weighed about 12 pounds, was pale with dark circles under her eyes, and her temples were sunken. She did not know how to play with toys, but wanted to be bounced and held up to look out of the window. One year ago today, we met our daughter:

Never in our wildest dreams could we have imagined the spunky yet sweet girl that was hiding inside this tiny treasure:


We're so thankful we found you, Emilia girl. You're blossoming right before our eyes and it makes us so happy to see.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Just wow!

    Brooke
    www.MarvelousLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Emilia is one of the most beautiful little girls that I have EVER seen. And that's just the surface beauty!
    I'm sorry I could not stay out longer today. We will get better for visiting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that she is home! And how she has grown!!!

    ReplyDelete