Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sensory Kit

A few weeks ago, I compiled a sensory kit for my friend Amie's little girl who was about to come home from Bulgaria. Among the items I included were these texture cards which I made with a few supplies from the craft store and many things I already had around our home.

In total there are 18 pairs of matching cards, each pair with a different texture, anything from carpet to sandpaper to bubble wrap, mirror tiles and fleece. The cards can be used for sensory exploration/integration as well as other activities, such as sorting or learning colors.

My sensory cards may not be as fancy as the ones you can buy, starting at about $50 a box with only about 10 textures, but I think they turned out pretty well.

I told my kids that I would make them some texture cards like these, too... don't remind them because I don't know when I will get around to it.

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing and so very talented!!!! We love the sensory kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sensory kit looks good - I probably wouldn't have thought about making one - what a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice! I never thought to make them so neatly! LOL! We just have a bunch of things in multiple shapes and pieces! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea!!! Geri's "school" has these made a bit differently, and I don't know why it never occurred to me to make a set for home. Thanks for the inspiration!! Now, to find the time to copy you... :)

    ReplyDelete