Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Isn't this a gorgeous picture to represent the day?


It was taken yesterday at the zoo where we had a fun time with the kids as well as Craig's dad and his wife. The morning started quite chilly, but once the sun came out the temperatures went near 70F. This was the children's first ever visit to the zoo, so I think they were a bit overwhelmed taking it all in. Emilia didn't even seem to realize that the animals were real. But both kids held up well for a few hours which was great.

After lunch at our usual nap time with my synchronized sleepers.

Emilia snuggling with Grandpa.

Our first Easter Sunday as a family has been very low key. We didn't even dye any eggs because, let's be honest, who wants to eat a dozen hard-boiled eggs? Maybe next year if the kids can help. We are even foregoing our traditional ham and mashed potato dinner and having steak, baked potatoes and sweet potatoes off the grill instead. Craig is cooking as I type - hurray.

It's nearly impossible to get my two kiddos into the same picture, but here are a few shots I snapped this morning of them playing together:



I hope everyone is having a great day. Happy Easter!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Easter, we were traveling so no usual celebrations over here either. My girls did get to do the Easter Egg hunt though, Calvin missed out because of needing time alone with mommy.

    ReplyDelete