Friday, April 6, 2012

Time For The Tooth Fairy?

I didn't think that this day would come so quickly, but our little Emilia girl lost her two front bottom teeth today. She took a terrible tumble in the garage and they were as good as knocked out. The ER doctor just picked the teeth up with his fingers and removed them with no resistance. Fortunately, none of her other teeth were impacted and after a consult with a pediatric dentist, we were told that there is no concern over damage to her permanent teeth, gums or jaw. That said, I am so heart-broken that my lovie is going to be missing two teeth for the next few years just when I was so excited about more baby teeth finally coming in.

Lately it seems like we are just moving from one emergency to another. I feel very drained. Emilia and I could use some good thoughts sent our way today.

P.S. One little ray of light from today's ER visit was that Emilia with clothes, but no shoes weighed in at 9.6 kg which is over 21 pounds. This means that she has regained the weight she lost during her illness last month and is back around 20 pounds now. Hurray!

4 comments:

  1. Poor Emilia-I'm sure that hurt! Praying your days get better quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see that she is back up in weight and so not happy about her losing a tooth! Thankful for no long term damage. Hugs to all of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in good company. My little one had a bloody nose for Easter thanks to a swing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So know how you feel, sorry about her teeth. Calvin has a missing tooth too from Bulgaria and the dentist said he won't have his big teeth in until he is 6. Makes me Sad! Poor little thing, hope you guys get some rest.

    ReplyDelete